Bayou Country Charters is a New Orleans Fishing Guide Service that Specializes in catching Redfish & Speckled Trout. Join Captain Joel Barras Professional Fishing Guide Service for a memorable New Orleans charter fishing experience. We’re located 40 minutes from the New Orleans French Quarter in Lafitte, Louisiana. This means you can be on New Orleans Redfish & Speckled Trout within minutes. We always have a Bay Boat on hand that will seat 1-5 people and a professional fishing guide that will get you hooked up with fish. Additional boats are available at all times for larger groups. All captains are US Coast Guard licensed and insured and trained in first aid.
Daily Rates – Rates are Per Boat Not Per Person – BEST RATES ON THE BAYOU!
- 1 – 2 Persons $400.00 Total Trip
- 3 Persons $450.00 Total Trip
- 4 Persons $500.00 Total Trip
Call or book your trip online! Call 504-881-6016
For safety reasons most of our Captains only fish 4 anglers per boat. We have 2 boats that can fish up to 5 Persons. If you have a group of 6 or more people we can accommodate you by using more than one boat. We operate multiple boats each day.
We offer Morning and Afternoon trips. Morning trips normally depart at Safe-light and return by 1 – 2:00 p.m. Afternoon trips depart 1:30 – 2:00 pm. and return before dark. Times can be modified to meet your schedule. Trips are normally 6.5 – 8 hours long.
What's included in your charter fishing:
- 21-25 foot Bay Boat
- Fuel, Oil
- Rods and reels
- Bottled Water
- Fish cleaned and bagged at no additional charge
Live bait is available for an additional charge.
3 Day Charter License
Unless your are exempt, or hold a LA Saltwater License.
You will need a 3 Day charter License
Which can be obtained here
Deposit amount is $150.00 per boat.
Our rates include :
- Fishing rods, reels, and tackle (bait)
- Your CATCH cleaned and bagged.
Lodging and transportation are available with Packages – Contact Us for prices! We can also make arrangements to have your CATCH shipped home to you.
Tips are not required but are always appreciated.
Seasonal Fishing Conditions in Lafitte La
- Spring months are normally a little windy so expect to fish inside the marshes on those days
- Summer normally allows for a few more trips into open water to fish structures
- Fall is a lot like spring with fronts moving thru the area look to fish more inside the marsh also fishing are starting to move into there winter areas
- Winter fish normally look for deeper holes on the colder days and the marsh on warmer ones
Payment & Cancellation Info
- Full payment of charter is due upon completion of your fishing trip.
- If you cancel your trip you must contact us, in writing, a minimum of 10 days prior to your scheduled trip to receive a credit.
- All trips are subject to cancellation by the CAPTAIN due to severe weather conditions. If a trip is cancelled by your Captain it will be rescheduled. All cancellations take place prior to leaving the dock.
We’re in business...
because we catch fish.
Bayou Country Charters charter captains are very confident that you will catch fish, South Louisiana has some of the best fishing in the country for Redfish, Speckled Trout, Sheephead and Black Drum. It’s our job to put you on fish and that’s what we’re experts at.